Congratulations to Justin Martin, SFVS’s October Employee of the Month! You’ll find Justin welcoming clients, checking them in and out, taking care of pharmacy orders through VetCentric, and handling anything and everything that pops up, always with a smile. Here’s what he has to say:
1. What’s your job at SFVS? How long have you been working at the hospital?
I’m a client service representative, and I’ve been a part of the team for 6-8 months now.
2. What is the best part of your job? the worst?
The best part of my job is the relationships I’ve accrued, work and personal. The worst thing is the firsthand encounters with sick, frail or dying pets.
3. How do you handle an angry client?
I handle all clients with kindness. The meanest, rudest, most problematic client is just having a hard time with the situation. My JOB is to help as best as I can. ( ) told me when people act up just kill them with charm.
4. Have you always worked with animals?
No, I have a pharmacy tech cert. so I wanted to explore my options doing chemo and other med combos. I will eventually get back to my pharmacy roots, but I’m enjoying my position here in the front office.
5. You seem to have a lot of energy. Do you ever crash?
I most definitely crash but not till I get home. I’m very high energy because I love my position and my fellow staff members. We have a great team.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your time away from the vet?
My favorite things to do are enjoy what Cali has to offer: swim, frolic at the ocean, tattoo or just go to social gatherings of any type.