Eric Friese is SFVS’s December Employee of the Month. Congratulations, Eric! Below is a little Q+A:
1. What’s your role at SFVS?
I assist Dr. Jamie Anderson and try to provide the best service to SFVS clients.
2. How long have you been working at SFVS?
Surprisingly, only 8 months.
3. What’s the toughest part of your job? the most rewarding?
Toughest – knowing how to handle a multitude of situations.
Most rewarding – being a part of saving lives.
4. Any furry friends of your own?
I have a Terrier Chihuahua mix named Flap that I rescued from the Modesto Shelter. He is amazing – my little lamb chop. (See attached a picture.)
5. What do you enjoy doing in your time away from the hospital?
Finding quiet places to contemplate and design projects to keep my hands busy.
6. Any tips you’d like to pass along to pet owners for keeping dogs and cats safe during the holiday season?
Xylitol and small animals don’t mix. My dog got into some xylitol gum a few days ago. Immediate attention is needed in this situation as even a small amount could prove lethal to a small dog.