SFVS is proud to announce the first employee of the month for 2009: Lauren Stokes! To learn more about Lauren, and her dog named Sergio, read the short Q+A below. Congratulations, Lauren!
1. What’s your job at SFVS? How long have you been working at the hospital?
My job at SFVS is both an oncology and internal medicine nurse. I have been working at SFVS for about a year.
2. What’s your favorite part of the job?
My favorite part of my job is seeing our patients recover and go home. I enjoy working on intense cases in internal medicine, and finally seeing the patient go home is the best part. I enjoy working with the same owners and patients in oncology.
3. What’s the hardest part of the job?
The hardest part of my job is being an oncology nurse. We spend lots of time with our very sick patients. Sometimes we have very tough days.
4. It’s the beginning of a new year, and many people are making resolutions for themselves. What are one or two resolutions they should consider making for their pets?
One resolution I plan on keeping for my animals: routine check-ups and annual blood work. We have the tendency to overlook these when our animals appear to be healthy. Sometimes you can fix things before they become an issue.
5. Do you have any furry friends of your own?
I have only one furry friend. Sergio is a dachshund mix. I adopted him about a year ago from a shelter. He has epilepsy and has been through many homes. He turned out to be a great dog!
6. What do you enjoy doing when you’re away from the hospital?
When I am away from the hospital I enjoy participating in outdoor activities.