1. Contact your primary care veterinarian’s office. They may be more closely located and available to assist you.
2. If it is after hours or VCA SFVS is more conveniently located, call us at (415) 401-9200 and provide the client service representative with:
- Your name and your pet’s name
- Your location and estimated time of arrival
- Your pet’s emergency
3. Get support to safely transport your pet to VCA SFVS. If you have medical records related to your pet’s emergency, please bring those with you.
Pet Parent Resource: What is considered a veterinary emergency? (Scroll down to third question.)
24/7 Urgent Care and Emergency Services at VCA SFVS
- Complete intensive care unit (ICU) laboratory
- Endoscopic foreign body removal
- Full range of blood products
- Oxygen therapy
- 24-hour ICU monitoring by veterinary nurses trained in critical care, surgery and internal medicine
- Emergency surgical service
- Around-the-clock access to SFVS specialists
- Post-operative care for referring veterinarians’ surgical cases